Old 30-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Tim Fischer

Default JD LT160 mower deck problem

"Chad Graybill" wrote in message
Hi, I have a John Deere LT160 with a 42c" deck. Deck has 2 blades. When I
mow, a strip about 1/4 - 1/2" wide is missed in the center of of the lawn.
I tried new blades, balanced blades. Cleaned out deck. Called JD dealer,
were kinda clueless too. Anyone have any suggestions?
It doesn't matter if grass is wet/dry or I go slow/fast ground speed.

The blades should "overlap" slightly such that if they were both facing the
same direction, they would crash into each other. To prevent this, one
blade is set to face up/down while the other blade is left/right (perp. to
each other).

Sounds like either you're using the wrong blades, or they're not installed
correctly.

Has this always happened?

-Tim