Old 01-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Bigjon

Default Overhanging trees Correction!!!!!!!!!

In a fit of excitement Mark uttered:

Peter Crosland typed:

The definitive answer will be found here.

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

Thanks for everyone's replays.
My father's garden backs on to a very large house/garden,
and he has two trees from it overhanging his greenhouse.
He has approached the owner and was told the trees were there before your
bungalow was built
so you will have to put up with them, and there was no way that either tree
was going to be pruned.
Unfortunately it's not possible to prune one of the trees without access to
the other persons garden,
And the trunk of the other tree actually overhangs my father's fence at an
angle so most of its canopy is in fact in my father's garden.
Im going down at the weekend to see if I can reason with the chap, wish me
luck.

Mark

I had a similar problem, but from the other point of view. A neighbour cut
the top from my overhanging specimen tree, and ruined it. The tree was
mine, and he leaned about 2 ft into my proprty to cut the narrow trunk at
fence level. I ended up getting a solicitor to send a cease and desist
letter, and he ( unless his cat has a stanley knife ) promptly ringed the
bark one night, killing it within months. I gave up, purchased another tree
and planted it elsewhere. We now have a bitter feud over boundary lines.
Please be careful, as a snip of the shears can escalate into WWIII if you
are not careful....
Also, if the trees are old, you should check for any local preservation
orders..
Good luck !!
--
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....