Old 01-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Kelly Garner

Default Me & my mulch.........

In article ,
Anne Lurie wrote:
I don't know about the difference between the mulch I get at Bradsher's and
what's available elsewhere -- this place is just closer to me. (I do

Gotcha, thanks.

suitable for composting. Also, I live in Wake County rather than Raleigh,
so I was not sure whether I could even get anything from the Raleigh
facility -- I'm fairly sure I'd have to pay a fee to take anything there.)

It's Wake County Solid Waste Services - but everyone has to pay a fee, regardless. (Although,
at $18/bucketload, IIRC, it's a pretty good deal.)

I got compost from there last year which did have some scattered plastic debris in it but not
much. The Orange County mulch was pretty good - my friend that works there says that since
most of it is construction mulch from debris/trees, and the construction guys come back and
reuse the mulch, they make sure the product is fairly clean.

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"New Zealand is the Carrboro of the world." -- TJ