Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Ed Lucarini

Default Zoysia Lawn

I was talked out of installing Zoysia on a very good point. It's first to
turn brown in the fall and last to turn green in spring.

Zone 7
Ed

"Dave305" wrote in message
MH wrote:

Does anyone have any information or knowledge of the Zoysia Lawn "plugs"
that are advertised in the Family Handyman magazines??

I'm building a new house this year and I was thinking of planting that
type of lawn.

Thanks for any input.

Check with the people next door, that grass will take over a lawn in no
time. I know I have some in my yard from next door. Zoysia is a hard grass
to get rid of because it has really deep/thick roots 6" or so. We have St.
Aug grass here (S. Texas) and it is no match for the Zoysia, it won't even
grow around the Zoysia at all.
--
Thanks,
Dave