Old 19-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Gloria Donatello

Default Barton Springs toxic

There is always arsenic and atrazine in water.
How many people have died or become sick? Then it can't be "that" toxic.
Settle down and take a breather.

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"animaux" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:36:30 -0600, "cat daddy"

wrote:

I am just sick over this. For the past five Summers, and especially

the
last two, my Labrador Caitlin and I have gone swimming almost every day

at
the spillway. I *trusted* the city's tests of the water quality and

believed
it to be the safest water around. *******s...........

Yeah, well, they closed the pool, but they are still insisting this is

nothing
to be twisted about. Ya know why? Because they lose and stand to lose

lot of
revenue from this. People come from all over the world to Austin to

swim
in
Barton Springs Pool. They still somehow feel that, even though higher

levels of
toxins were found in and near spillways into the Spring, sometimes as

high
and
higher than toxic waste dumps...hmmmm, money, money, money,

money.....MONEY.

Or, politics, damage control, and liability. Toby looked a little over
defensive in the press conference. If it turns out not to be a 100+ year

old
problem, the current and recent parties to blame will have bought time to
bail out of the responsibility....