Old 23-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Terry Horton

Default Natives of Texas (URL)

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:39:36 GMT, animaux
wrote:

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/default.htm

This website is fabool! I may have to take a ride out there.

Stumbled onto this place by accident four years ago, and brought home
my first madrones (which I promptly killed :-).

TX16 winding south out of Kerrville is a wonderful drive... if you've
a sporty car, it's a blast. Lost Maples isn't too far away. The
spring-fed Medina and Frio rivers were not too long ago considered
clean enough to drink from (not sure about now). And fun little towns
like Bandera and scenic little Leakey (pronounced lake-ee, and where
my Grandma Wooley was born. :-) are nearby. This is Texas "dude ranch"
country, which seems hokey to me too, but says something about the
attractiveness of the area.