Old 24-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Texensis

Default Should I start seeds outside now?

"Dora Smith" wrote in message
om...
| How soon should I start seeds outside? Now, February 28, or March
7?
| It would be nice if the flowers bloom before the weather gets hot.
|
| Dora

Don't forget nasturtiums. They almost always germinate and are
immediately recognizable to the novice (round lily-pad leaves). The
climbing or trailing ones are good for a change, especially in hanging
baskets or windowboxes. They tend to shrivel up in the first heat so
they should be planted now. By judiciously moving pots around, we've
kept some from last year blooming through the winter. Nasturtiums, if
they form seeds, will volunteer and be true.