Old 26-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Dora Smith

Default Should I start seeds outside now?

Thanks to all who wrote - I never expected this response!

Actually what you wrote corresponds to my experience and common sense, so I
started my seeds outside in pie pans and a milk carton.

Last night and tonight they are in the garage. Some of my other plants are
covered.

Last frost has been March 2 or first weekend in March last two years
straight. I remember vividly how many times I had to bring in all the
plants I planted on Valentine's day in their big pots and window boxes - two
years running! Last year, I had to bring them in EVERY single weekend for
the next three weekends.

Anyone want to place bets on when last frost is this year? Tee-hee-hee.

Or on if there will be spring flowers, since most of them bloomed in
January.

I think nasturtiums are those orange-red things that I tried out one year
back in Buffalo and hate.

Snice was a nice touch for Austin version of snow.

Yours,
Dora

"Dora Smith" wrote in message
om...
How soon should I start seeds outside? Now, February 28, or March 7?
It would be nice if the flowers bloom before the weather gets hot.

Dora