Old 01-05-2003, 11:56 AM
LeighMo

Default What should I do to keep my water clear? FRUSTRATED...?

Way, way, WAY too many fish for that tank.

Agreed. But it's likely a self-correcting problem, since the tank is only 8
days old. :-(

You should be starting with the guppies. Period. And when the tank has
cycled, add the cories and some otocinclus (1 possibly two depending on
your algae problem).

I don't recommend livebearers for this tank, because they will quickly overrun
it.

Probably the neons, corys, and an oto or three is what I'd go with.
Unfortunately, those aren't the best fish for cycling a tank.

I would take some of the fish back to the store. There is no way they can all
live in such a small tank. Even better, take them all back, and do a fishless
cycle before putting any fish in the tank.

Leigh