Old 01-05-2003, 01:44 PM
gastropod

Default shade-loving climber & acer questions

Take care with the climber, it will simply rush to the sun and stay there,
there will be little foliage etc. in the lower sections. These plants climb
(other plants naturally) to get to the sun.
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
Evening everyone, I've just joined this ng, so a springtime (read:
sunrainsunhailsunrainsun) hello to all. The sky out my window is a
glorious bruise-purple which offsets the silver birch with its

rain-slicked
leaves such a bright green. Ahh spring...

I'm looking for a shade-loving climber or at least a shade-lover with some
height to hide a rather ugly wall (north-east facing). The other criteria

is
it needs to be able to survive in a pot or other container.

The area does get a little sun for part of the day, but not much. Any
suggestions?

My other question is regarding Acers. My favourite kind is green but turns

bright red in autumn and has the segmented sort of Liquid Amber style

leaf -
not the very lacy almost shredded look that is very popular at the moment.
Does anyone know the name of this sort of Acer?

Thanks muchly and have a lovely evening.

Regards

Elizabeth