Old 01-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Brian

Default Posting

Minteeleaf wrote:

Mail programs go to whatever part of the post you set them to.
They can be set to either top or bottom.

Why is the default top post ?

*If people would snip appropriately,* it would make reading
posts much easier & it wouldn't matter how they posted.

So really the whole gripe is most top posters don't snip, a lot of
bottom don't either, but since they are on the same side they don't
complain.

I will abide by with what the poll says, the majority rules.

This is usenet. No one rules it.

Thats my point on this. Top posters never complained about people
changing to their way, even though it is easier for us to have everybody
top post (its my opinion)

This "poll" is just that,
hardly a mandate, though I'm sure the OP would like to play netcop.
Lots & lots of netcop wannabees & little tin gods on
self-chosen power trips in usenet land.

I just got tired of the little comments that we are less then human,
stupid, ignorant, or scum because we don't post the same way they do.

Remember we didn't ask anybody to change or insult them because of how
they post.

Minteeleaf