Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 PM
James Ervin

Default What should I do to keep my water clear? FRUSTRATED...?

On Thu, 01 May 2003 05:19:46 GMT, "Lava Plays"
wrote:

Guys, i just bought a 6 gallon tank with florescent light and bio wheel
filtration 8 days ago.
and already it's cloudy. a lil greenish.

First, invest some time understanding the process that is happening
inside that little cube of water. Read this:

http://faq.thekrib.com/begin-cycling.html

Your Bio wheel is not working YET...... it is still developing the
nitrobacter that will participate in the nitrogen cycle. The cloudy
water is a sign of this process.

Now, since your tank is small and has not cycled, you probably want
1/3 of the fish you have now. Take most of them back. If you don't
they probably will die. I like to buy some "feeder" gold fish to
cycle my tanks.

Start slow and good luck. Don't give up. Getting a tank started is
tough.

the fish store guy told me to turn off the light for a few days.

If you invest a few hours of reading about new aquiriam setup and the
the nitrogen cycle (as I suspect you will since the number of people
who use news groups is diminishing and those that do are typically
good information seekers) you will know twice as much as the "fish
store guy".

Remember: There is a natural process at work that you can understand
and predict.

James Ervin
Remove SPAM to email me.