Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Rich Budzinski

Default new tree

If you're digging in clay don't dig a hole as deep as the rootball.
It's best to plant only half the rootball in the hole and then mound the
dirt up and around what's above ground. Our clay soil can act like a
bucket and trap water in your hole. Granted the water will drain away
but very slowly and you run the risk of drowning the tree. If you go to
any new shopping development or office complex you'll notice what I am
talking about.

Lance wrote:
I want to put a new tree in the yard...(first timer)

I was going to buy one from Home Depot. I should be planting it in the fall
right? Is now a good time for this? Any tips besides just sticking it in
the ground and watering?

Lance