Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Ronald Rudin

Default Potted plants for new homes

Sunny.....

"Can you tell me how you can provide heat and light to the plants once they
are indoors. Do you put them out during the day and take them in at night?"

The plants I have will get plenty of warmth in the house even if the heat is
down to 60 degrees.
The plants are outside now in cold rain, so the house will be a relative
paradise. I doesn't matter if growth is slow or negligible during the
winter. Orange and avacado trees can handle near freezing temps.
Most of the plants I have do well in shade. I put them near windows so that
they get some direct sun and good light (especially when the leaves fall off
the trees).
I have been in the habit of putting some plants back outdoors on warmer days
in the winter, especially when the weather forecast indicates warmer days
and nights for a period of time. Some of the plants are very heavy so not
easy to bring in and out (I use a hand truck for some.)
Hope that helps......let me know if you are interested in any of the
houseplants that I have.
Ron