Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Sprinkler winterization?

Was your sprinkley system professionally installed? If so, I'd contact
the installer and/or manufacturer -- just a guess, as I've never had a
sprinkler system, although the past few summers have sorely tempted me!

BTW, if you search for this topic on the Internet, disregard any sites
that begin with "www.homepopular.com" as it only measures the number of
hits that any given site receives -- and it's tough to get out of
their "loop"!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Doug Bradley wrote:

We bought a house this year, and it came with a sprinkler system.

It's a first for me, so can anyone please relate or point me to some
winterization instructions?

All I've been able to find so far are instructions which talk about
hooking up an air compressor and purging the lines. Does it get that
cold here to need that? Of course, I didn't put in this system so I
have no idea how deep the lines are (probably not very!)

Any suggestions welcomed.

tia,
Doug