Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Mark C.

Default Testing

winter here in the purview of triangle.gardens (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel
Hill, North Carolina) is nothing like the winters of say, northern New
England!

That's for sure. I've successfully planted trees as late as December
here, since the ground's not frozen then. There are also some tremendous
deals to be had on trees after their leaves have succumbed to the
elements. I guess some have a psychological barrier to buying a tree
with no leaves on it, but I've found that even in winter, they do just
fine as long as you remember to give 'em a bit of water when it hasn't
rained (or snowed) in a while. And getting a tree for a half to a
quarter the regular price is a great incentive as well.

MAC

--
Mark My Words - http://www.mindspring.com/~afan/

All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure. - Mark Twain