Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Tom Gauldin

Default Sprinkler winterization?

I agree with the suggestion of pulling the backflow preventer. However, I
don't agree with not blowing out the line. It's a no-brainer to do and you
get some added "insurance" against freeze.

The simplest way for me was to actually connect up my air compressor's line
to the water line via a ball valve. However, another way is to use a short
piece of garden hose. On one end, put in a male air chuck and on the other
a female garden hose connector. Then all you do is connect the air
compressor's line to the adapter and let her rip.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL