Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Maryanne

Default Advice on growing roses without pesticides

Hello there - I am an interested follower of this newsgroup and would like
to ask for advice.

We have just over 4000 sq metres of garden, about half lawn, the rest
various degrees of waterwise planting. There are two areas with good water
available (irrigated) and good sunlight that are very suited to roses. I
would really love to grow roses but am awed by the propenstiy of little
greeblies for eating the leaves into lacework in a minimial amount of time
as well as black spot, yellow leaves etc. We have about 40 species of bird
either living or pasing through the property as well as our own pets and I
would dearly love to have the knowledge to grow beautiful roses without
pesticides.

can anybody give me advice? - We are in Johannesburg South Africa - summer
rainfall area, hot summers and very cold and dry winters

Many thanks
Maryanne