Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM

Default free seeds, and a tomato question

I've tried the red ornament thing with limited success. The funny thing
is that the ornaments I bought were a foam core with red wax on the
outside (mini apple ornaments, $0.50 specials from the dollar store). The
stupid things melted in the summer sun. I did see a few peck marks, but
the birds quickly learned to ignore these mottled foam decoys and
aggravate me by pecking at the other tomatoes.

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Tomatolord wrote:
just hang a few christmas ornaments or hang some red balls around it
confuses the birds and they stop pecking the tomotos

also

provide some water like a bird bath or something nearby for the birds to
drink from

tlord
[STUFF SNIPPED]
As for the tomato question, just wondering if anyone knows of a seed
company where I can get yellow (or any non-red) plum tomato. Actually, any
tomato suitable for a sauce would work, so long as it's not red. The
birds seem to attack any red fruit that I grow.