Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Kermit

Default Sun and shade

Here is a great list of shrubs that grow in shade:

http://www.pasquesi.com/html/sec02/content01_h_d.htm

I really like the chockeberry I put in... pretty leaves!

I bought some Carolina Cherry Laurel and a fragrant Mock-orange and they
seem to be growing quickly in the shade. I tried several japonica
varieties in the shade and they have only grown a tiny bit in two years.

I have found that a lot of plants just don't like the moist ground in the
shade. Heavenly bambo grows just about anywhere and there are several
varieties of willow shrubs that are hard to kill. I have several 'flaming
willow' shrubs in a muddy spot and they love it.

"MAC" wrote in message
I'd like to plant some shrubs in the front yard close to the house,
but that side faces north and the plants would be in sun only a month
or two during the summer. There's moss growing there now, so I'm not
sure exactly what kind of plant, if any, would survive in that
location. Has anyone had experience with something like this?

Thanks,

MAC
--
Take out Chinese to reply.