Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Kelly Garner

Default Establishing new lawn (shade)

Greetings,

I am interested in establishing a new lawn (or groundcover) in a front yard in Chapel Hill.
The yard is mostly shaded by a huge oak tree and a huge holly tree. I was reading about St
Augustine grass and how it is very wel suited for shady areas, but don't necessarily want
the maintenance that "grass" grass will bring. Does anyone have suggestions to proffer, pro
or con, about lawns in shade vs. groundcover? And what kind, etc?

Thanks
KJ
--
---
"One more drink, and I'll be belligerent!"