Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Tomatolord

Default Soil and leaves

well if you have time - mulch and then leave them there, by the fall, when
it is time to plant grass anyway they will have composted down and you can
sow right into it.

Which is what I do to build up an area that is hard soil...the worms will
come to the leaves as if by magic...4-6 inches of composted leaves will end
up being maybe 1/2 and inch by the fall.

Later!

tomatolord
"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
om...
I have a house on Lake Gaston in Warren County which has the worst
soil I have ever seen! A lot of leaves have fallen and I'd like to
incorporate them into the soil. I have the option of burning them and
then tilling the ashes into the soil OR mulching them and tilling into
the soil OR just tilling them into the soil.

Any recommendations on which option would be best for growing grass?

TIA

Chuck