Old 01-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Nate Everden

Default Opinions Please: Forsythias & Burning Bushes

Thanks for the ideas! I really like the idea of putting something
that blooms mid season in front. As I said before, I am very new to
this stuff. When you say "spirea" do you mean this:
http://springhillnursery.com/product.asp?pn=09829

If so, it seems like a perfect bush for me, except for two things. I
would like it to be 1-2 feet taller and not yellow. I would like
something that would stand out with the forsythias behind it.

So, any suggestions on a bush that:
• Blooms mid season.
• does not have a lot of green or yellow in it
• fast growing
• cheap
• 3-5 feet tall

The size might not be a big deal. I am going to put it next to a
burning bush (which I think gets 4-5 feet tall).

Thanks,

Nate