Old 01-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Jim W

Default Vandalism

Rick McGreal wrote:

(Jim W) wrote in
news:1fualpi.79k2n51s5bsoaN%00senetnospam@macunlim ited.net:

Well you could try some 'defensive' planting and anti vandal paint
(the 'non-drying' stuff.. That might be a primary deterrent at least.

You have got to be careful with that....If its the one I'm thinking of....
If someone leans on it you can be liable for a cleaning job....

To be honest it wouldn't work anyway....I don't have any fencing....
Just after the previous tennant left the kids ripped the fencing down for
bonfire fodder one Nov 5th...

All I have is a set of uprights.....B-(
And the local council won't fix them and I can't afford to do anythiung
about it....

Good point, although I guess you are on a private garden, so fairly easy
to get hold of the land owner if someone did get grease on them.

We use it on the local allotments (which is owned by the council but
'self' managed) so proving 'who put the paint there' would be a lot more
difficult for someone.

Are you seriously saying you cannot afford a few thorny rose cuttings or
similar?

//
JW