Old 02-05-2003, 02:08 AM
corybas

Default Ohaius Tankervilleae

Where are you located?

I live in Melbourne, Australia, whereas the species originally comes from
Queensland so it grows inside all the time, temperature in winter therefore
between 13 - 20 degrees Celsius. It gets filtered, northwest sunlight.

It flowers in late spring, ie October-November for us.

I keep it in a self-watering pot in a mix of pine bark, soil and white river
gravel. As it is a swamp grower, I don't think it should be left to dry
out, so I have it in a self-watering pot. If you let it get too dry or hot,
leaves will develop unsightly charcoal grey areas around the edges.

Spikes will easily grow up to 2 metres, I've had as many as 18 flowers on
the spikes.

Corybas

"Karen" wrote in message
I have one that I have never bloomed and I need some advice.

First of all when is it suppose to bloom? Mine has new P-bulbs that are
starting to send out roots of their own. They look fairly mature but no
flowers.

I suppose this is when I should let it dry out???? (at least that is
what my info says to do.)

I feel like I am in over my head this this one.
Karen