Old 02-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Dwayne

Default Can a single apple tree bear alot of fruit without another?

I don't know where you are, but in Arkansas when we lived there, the garden
man would come on TV and answer peoples questions. He always advised adding
a "super phosphate" for trees and flowers that didn't bloom or set on fruit.

Here, in western Kansas, the soil has plenty of phosphate. You might do a
soil test and if the phosphate is low or marginal try that. He always
recommended a 0 - 46 - 0 rated fertilizer to get the "super phosphate".
Follow the directions on the bag.

Dwayne

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
news:BC4ACB0E418EB3E8.2D986ABCB058DD7B.67E460E4FA9 ...

I have an apple tree and last year I got 3 apples... They were
really good but there was only 3... The tree is 18 ft. tall and 16 ft
wide