Old 02-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Bill

Default WTD: Manure

So, I guess I'm overly cautious when it comes to my gardens. I only
use products such as PlantTone and Black Kow because I know these are
safe from any pathogens. Not that I want to stir up any compost tea on
the subject. I think it could be a win/win situation for animal owners
and gardeners. I just know that I can never continuously keep my
compost pile hot enough all year long so that it kills all pathogens.
Here is a good article on how to keep your gardens safe:
http://www.uga.edu/discover/educator...ngs/read63.pdf

Got the potholders on. Flame away.

Bill

"Nonya" wrote in message ...
Hey all,

Anyone know (and I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times, so I
appologize up front) where I can get free/cheap manure? I live in the
Hillsborough area, off of 70 and St. Mary's Rd.

I have a great pile of composting leaf material, but need some nutrients to
throw in.

P.S. I have a neighbor who is into organic foods and she has seen me
fertilizing my stuff with comercial fertilizer . I explained to her that it
is basically like giving the plants vitamins, and that there should be no
cause for concern when using it. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Scott