Old 02-05-2003, 04:56 PM
dave weil

Default Help with identification

On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:18:54 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Dave that is not Iceberg. The foliage
is too rounded & dark green. Also
the yellowing center w/ anthers
is definitely not an iceberg trait.

These are the traits of a Harkness rose
known as an Iceberg twin, called Princess of Wales.
Doesn't make sense though 'cos its only available
from Hortico.

Actually Edmunds has it now as well.

It was *supposed* to be Europeana, just like that new yellow
unidentified florabunda was supposed to be Europeana.

The only thing about the pics in the Edmunds catalog vs. the actual
plant, PoW seems to have a more defined tight dome in the middle when
young. Mine opens almost immediately.

Thnks for helping me eliminate Iceberg. It sure looks like the pics
that I've seen though...

I previously wrote:

I created a new photo gallery for some of my unidentified roses.
Perhaps some of you could help. If you need specifics about a
particular image, just ask.

Thanks!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...wn/unknown.htm