Old 02-05-2003, 01:20 PM
dave weil

Default Help with identification

I created a new photo gallery for some of my unidentified roses.
Perhaps some of you could help. If you need specifics about a
particular image, just ask.

Thanks!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...wn/unknown.htm
Old 02-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Cass

dave weil wrote:

my unidentified roses.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...wn/unknown.htm

Color and foliage is right for Joseph's Coat. The key is that the
blooms start out yellow to orange and age to crimson.

I agree with Theo about not-Iceberg, tho I don't know what it is.
Another big blooming white that I don't grow is Saratoga.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:56 PM
dave weil

On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:18:54 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Dave that is not Iceberg. The foliage
is too rounded & dark green. Also
the yellowing center w/ anthers
is definitely not an iceberg trait.

These are the traits of a Harkness rose
known as an Iceberg twin, called Princess of Wales.
Doesn't make sense though 'cos its only available
from Hortico.

Actually Edmunds has it now as well.

It was *supposed* to be Europeana, just like that new yellow
unidentified florabunda was supposed to be Europeana.

The only thing about the pics in the Edmunds catalog vs. the actual
plant, PoW seems to have a more defined tight dome in the middle when
young. Mine opens almost immediately.

Thnks for helping me eliminate Iceberg. It sure looks like the pics
that I've seen though...

Old 02-05-2003, 06:32 PM
JimS.

I was also thinking it looks like Joseph's Coat. At least, it looks like
the ones I have.....

JimS.
Seattle

"Cass" wrote in message