Old 02-05-2003, 09:56 PM
animaux

Default Is using peroxide BS?

It is another case of something accepted in a certified organic program which is
not quite good to use. I agree about a last ditch effort. When you're about
to lose a greenhouse of plants, it's hard not to do everything possible and
still maintain certification standards.

On Fri, 02 May 2003 05:38:23 -0700, Tom Jaszewski wrote:

Not really a very good product from my view, unless it was used in an
organic cash crop as a last ditch effort to save the crop and maintain
the organic certification. Like any fungicide it would likely take out
beneficial fungi inhabiting the leaves and render the crop defenseless
against other pathogens.

On Fri, 02 May 2003 03:08:05 GMT, animaux wrote:

I am not even a wealth of information on
products as I rarely, if ever, use any. Only fertilizer and compost.

Victoria

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978