Old 02-05-2003, 10:20 PM
JNJ

Default Clover in grass

In some parts of my grass I have clover. I heard that it is
because of lack of nitrogen. Can I use bone meal or something with high
nitrogen content to control clover? Otherwise my lawn is extremely good.

Clover will grow where there is a lack of nitrogen but that is irrelevant.
More important is the fact that it is a nitrogen fixer -- i.e., it brings
nitrogen into the soil which is something your grass of course requires.
Clover and grass get along with each other very well and having a measure of
clover in your lawn is healthy -- even desirable.

James