Old 03-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Don't get lost in the spam, was [IBC] Hi

Folks

This header gives me a good opportunity to remind or inform you

that most
of us are probably using spam filters of one sort or another. I

review all
my message subjects, both those in the spam file and those that

get
through. I review the spam list because there is usually one

message a day
that is errantly trapped there.

We all appreciate getting _real_ messages, so do your part to

see that your
email gets through. Here are some tips, I am sure you will have

others to add:

And don't put "spam" in the subject line. For me, at least, that
sends the message to the "Questionable" folder. ;-)

But Brent's suggestions are all good.

HOWEVER, do you get as angry about the junk mail that comes into
your regular (postal) mailbox every day? THESE actually cost you
money. Spam is just annoying. The junk mail you get every day
is the reason the Postal Service keeps asking for postal rate
increases. THEY are required to deliver it. Delivery costs
money. You need to point some of your anti-spam angst to the
Postal Service and get them to raise the rates for postal spam,
and NOT for the birthday cards and letters that we send.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++