Old 03-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Diane

Default non-blooming hydrangea

JoanD'arcRoast wrote:

In article , Belinda
Zayas wrote:

I've got 3 lush (green) hydrangeas that have not bloomed for 5 years. I
moved them 2 years ago, thinking I'd find a better spot for them to be
happy---more sun, but not too much. Still lush green, no blooms. They are
located in good soil, dappled sun/shade. I'm not even to the point of
complaining they are not blue---I just want blooms!

Any ideas?

--
Belinda

Doesn't phosphate encourage blooms?
/\/\/¨

Are you pruning them? Some bloom on "old" wood not new shoots. So if you
prune at the wrong time, you can inadvertently prune the branches which
would bloom. Depends on the variety. Do you know what kind of hydrangea
you have?

--
Diane