Old 03-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Bill Ranseen

Default Is using peroxide BS?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:25:46 -0700, Bill Ranseen
wrote:

Hydrogen Peroxide is sold as an adjunct to foliar sprays. Supposedly it
helps increase nutrient uptake.

Under which label or manufacturer is hydrogen peroxide sold as an adjunct
foliar sprays. I ask because I've been an organic gardener for 25 years
and
never once heard of it, or used or purchased it for horticultural use. I
do
know Jerry Baker, the mental giant, recommends using Listerine to make
foliage
surface inhospitable to fungal infections, but never heard of hydrogen
peroxide

Peaceful Valley Farm Supply (
www.groworganic.com) sells 35%food grade
H2O2 as a "Foliar Spray Enhancer" to "improve oxygen levels...(which)
improve the plant's ability to take up any available nutrients...." I
think the name of the manufacturer is Farmgard Products. Personally I
have no notion if this is cutting edge stuff or horsepucky.