Old 03-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default Romneya Coulteri germination :-)))

What great joy this morning to find five Romneya Coulteri seedlings
have germinated! They were sown on 30th March and germinated
yesterday/today as I check all the pots daily. Having read Janet's
message I was pretty sure my efforts would fail as, although I had
burned the pine needles and had a good smoke, they were not chilled at
all, just left in the greenhouse. So certain of a miserable
failure, more seeds were ordered from Chiltern and they also chose
today to arrive!

The nursery a friend and I were going to buy plants from wanted the
French equivalent of £9.00 per plant so we are so delighted at this
result. Just got to bring them on successfully now AND sow the
second packet.

Iris (McCanna)

--
(All outgoing messages certified virus free)