Old 03-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Serendipity

Default Limp Cucumber

On Sat, 3 May 2003 19:14:28 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I bought a greenhouse cucumber plant a couple of weeks ago and planted it

in my
greenhouse border.
However it is starting to look a bit sorry for itself and the leaves are

quite
limp. It is close to the greenhouse door which we leave open during the

daytime
now the weather has improved - could it have caught a chill or is there

another
likely cause?
--

Best get another one.

If that's an unheated house you planted too soon and probably also slipped
up with the hardening off - that's very easy to get wrong for cucumbers
they're most unco-operative plants. Draughts and over/underwatering are also
on the list of nonos.

I always had similar problems until I
discovered "cucumis Sainsburyii "
Since then, no troubles at al l:-)