Old 04-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Madd Hatter

Default What type of small to medium catfish could I breed in a pond?

Hiya Folks

This is the same pond that I am thinking of putting cichlids in.. I just
filled the pond with water today. I'll have the pump/filter hooked up soon.
I'll be climating it for the rest of the month as I add plants slowly...
(BTW, any recommendations of plants that are relatively easy to find wouldbe
appreciated!)...

I have always loved catfish (I keep a few different synodontis in my
aquariums). I was sondering if there are any cats that are around the 6" to
8" full size range that I could attempt to spawn in my pond... They need to
be able to tolerate temperatures around 68 to 70 degrees. They also need to
be able to coexist w/ south/central american cichlids like texas cichlid or
jaguar cichlid (that might be pushin it!). Would Raphael cats work?