Old 04-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Is my mower working correctly?

The stuff is definitely coming from underneath the deck and it only happens
when the pto is engaged.

wrote in message
"Jeff Guay" wrote:
Hi,
We just moved from a house with a small lawn to one with a large yard.
Therefore I upgraded from a push mower to a lawn tractor.
I bought a Simplicity Broadmoor with a 38" deck and bagger and used it
for the first time today. My question maybe foolish but since I have no
experience on one of these here it goes:
While mowing, alot of grass, leaves and pine needles blow out of the
front of the mowing deck, causing a big cloud of debris that I obviously
must drive through. I am also pelted with large pieces of sticks and
pine cones coming from underneath the tractor. I tried adjusting my
speed but it didn't seem to help and the dealer and manual both say to
mow at full throttle.
Is this normal? I'm sure you're suppose to wear goggles while mowing,
however I never see anyone doing it. But if I can't change this I'll
have to wear them, too much stuff hitting me.
Thanks,
Jeff

Silly question,does your muffler blow the needles up off the ground?

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/