Old 04-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Is my mower working correctly?

Hi,
We just moved from a house with a small lawn to one with a large yard.
Therefore I upgraded from a push mower to a lawn tractor.
I bought a Simplicity Broadmoor with a 38" deck and bagger and used it for
the first time today. My question maybe foolish but since I have no
experience on one of these here it goes:
While mowing, alot of grass, leaves and pine needles blow out of the front
of the mowing deck, causing a big cloud of debris that I obviously must
drive through. I am also pelted with large pieces of sticks and pine cones
coming from underneath the tractor. I tried adjusting my speed but it
didn't seem to help and the dealer and manual both say to mow at full
throttle.
Is this normal? I'm sure you're suppose to wear goggles while mowing,
however I never see anyone doing it. But if I can't change this I'll have
to wear them, too much stuff hitting me.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 04-05-2003, 04:56 AM

"Jeff Guay" wrote:
[...]

Silly question,does your muffler blow the needles up off the ground?

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 04-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Jeff Guay

The stuff is definitely coming from underneath the deck and it only happens
when the pto is engaged.

Old 04-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 04 May 2003 08:51:47 +0000, Jeff Guay wrote:
wrote in message
"Jeff Guay" wrote:
[...]

sniped

If your using the bagger, is it full/ installed correctly? I had a simular
issue with a murry with an after market bagger. The pick up pipe had a
weird kink in it and it didn't pick up the clippings but blew them out
from under the deck. I'd try to mow something with out the bagger and see
what happens. Good luck.... and wear eye/ear protection!!! lol 80)

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com

Old 15-05-2003, 11:56 PM
JD

One comment about "mow at full throttle" - this refers to the engine speed,
not your mower speed. If your engine speed starts to drop much while mowing,
then you're going to fast. The only time I get a cloud of debris is when
mowing across alot of dirt and loose material - but I don't bag, I
discharge.

Old 16-05-2003, 12:56 PM
H B Veeder

I have had this happen on a walk behind mower when the bag was full or the
chute going to the bag was clogged.

Old 17-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Terry Sayers

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
[...]

Check to see if you or your dealer left some type of packing material in the
tube from the discharge and the bags. Also check to see if the cover (for
mulching mowers) on the discharge were removed.

Seems like it is a blockage problem