Old 04-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Andrew G

Default Division of ornamental grasses

"Gen" wrote in message
om...
I have a failrly large pot of Lomandra Confertifolia and was wondering
how and when to divide it ?
Any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Gen

We have divided them at work and they did survive, but I thought I would
double check.
Book states to Divide them in Spring. Other ways pof propagation is sow
seeds at 15-18degs celsius when the seeds are ripe.
Following not in book now :-)
Dividing them can be as harsh as shoving a spade through the middle to cut
in half, or breaking bits off, as long as you get roots on the "cutting".
I'm not sure when we did it at work, but I wouldn't suggest doing it now
heading into winter that's for sure.
Leave it in the pot 'till Spring.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply