Old 04-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Iowa883

Default Need a new mower - advice please

Tell you what, I can tell you are a Newbie around here. If you can't take
that and get all pi$$y . Wait for the other comments you get today from the
others. HEHEHE :-)
Have a good one,
Iowa883

"Mike Urig" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 May 2003 08:05:20 -0500, "Iowa883"
wrote:

Here is one that I found on sale yesterday, it is a Lawn Boy which is the
best buy for the $ hands down.
I got it at the local JY department store at a really good price. If you
need one I can find you one. I got mine for a really good price as it was
the floor model.
Have a look here
http://showcase.netins.net/web/ourju...nboy%20far.jpg

Thanks,
Iowa883

I saw that junk, thanks for waisting my time.

"Mike Urig" wrote in message
m...
Hello to everyone.

I will be buying a new mower today at will be getting it at HomeDepot,
don't ask

So my choices are either one of the Hondas or one of the Toros.
I don't think price will be a factor but I really don't want to spend
an arn and a leg.

So Toro is $299 for the lowest model and I really haven't decided if I
want a Honda although my wife is buying it for my birthday.

What in your opinion would be the better mower?
I want a mulcher/rear bagger/self propelled

I currently have an old (15 yr) Craftsman Eager-1 that needs a lot of
work, throttle handle cable bad/rusty as hell/need a nail to hold open
the thottle but the damn thing starts after a couple of pulls in the
beginning of the season and works good all season after that. It's
just old and you get lots of rust all over your hands. I once added
20-50w synthetic oil to it cause that's all I had in the garage.

But anyway is Toro a decent mower company or should I buy one of the
Hondas?

Yard is a little over 5000sf and has a slight incline to it towards
the house.

Thanks
Mike