Old 04-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Wade Homesley

Default Zoysia Lawn

I have emerald zoysia in the back via plugs I put in last year. It is the
finest blade zoysia around..at least it was last year. My local nursery
now carries Empress plugs which I have started in the front. I had a
washing problem coupled with alot of burning sun which made fescue
impossible.

As far as zoysia turning brown it all depends on where you live. In parts
of the south it stays green year round. From where I am (in NC) it turns
brown in early November and it became green the first week this past April.
If you don't want to water and mow alot and have some durability you might
want to reconsider.

Wade

"Ed Lucarini" wrote in message
et...
I was talked out of installing Zoysia on a very good point. It's first to
turn brown in the fall and last to turn green in spring.

Zone 7
Ed

"Dave305" wrote in message
MH wrote:

Does anyone have any information or knowledge of the Zoysia Lawn

"plugs"
that are advertised in the Family Handyman magazines??

I'm building a new house this year and I was thinking of planting that
type of lawn.

Thanks for any input.

Check with the people next door, that grass will take over a lawn in no
time. I know I have some in my yard from next door. Zoysia is a hard

grass
to get rid of because it has really deep/thick roots 6" or so. We have

St.
Aug grass here (S. Texas) and it is no match for the Zoysia, it won't

even
grow around the Zoysia at all.
--
Thanks,