Old 05-05-2003, 01:44 AM
JNJ

Default Mulch against home?

Hi, correct me if I am wrong. I use dyed hardwood mulch around the house.
I'm not concerned about termites because 2-4 times a summer, I spray an
ant/termite insecticide by Ortho around the perimeter of the home. I see

no
ants etc. Am I taking a chance or is the insecticide application enough

keep the home invaders away?

You're taking a chance.

BTW, the rat has made an appearance again. I'm off to buy some rat

poison!

Where there's one there are typically many, many more. One year I decided
to take the "humane" approach and capture/release. After the 4th or 5th, I
took a more aggressive approach -- I stopped counting at about 60 carcasses.
Absolutely unbelievable.

James