Old 05-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Russ and Cathy

Default What type of small to medium catfish could I breed in a pond?

When i was a child, we had a cottage on a lake near the thousand islands in
New York. I watched some guys pull a catfish that big out of their boat. I
was very leary after that to swim in that lake.
Cathy

"MLF" wrote in message

"Madd Hatter" wrote:
I have always loved catfish (I keep a few different synodontis in my
aquariums). I was sondering if there are any cats that are around the 6"

8" full size range that I could attempt to spawn in my pond... They need

be able to tolerate temperatures around 68 to 70 degrees. They also need

be able to coexist w/ south/central american cichlids like texas cichlid

or
jaguar cichlid (that might be pushin it!). Would Raphael cats work?

I don't think this is the size you have in mind, but here's a way to get
some for free:

http://www.johnsjottings.com/archive..._noodling.html

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/...h/1336494.html

BTW: These are released after catching them.

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)