Old 05-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Steve wachs

Default [IBC] Coral maple

BODY {font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt;}

I have been growing a Coral Bark in a wooden box for 4 years now. It is doing
well never had die back. it's as hardy as any of my Maples. I have about 40
varieties of Acer Palmatum at last count. This Past fall I bought 2 more
Coral Barks. this is definitely one of the most striking Japanese Cultivars,
and a favorite. It shows off its CORAL bark in the winter when it is
subjected to cold conditions. I find it looks its best in the spring before
it loses its coral color, and has leafed out.
2 of the trees were grafts and ! Was, one that wasn't a graft was as good as
the grafted trees. It seems to be a very Hardy tree. SteveWLI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++