Old 05-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Lar

Default Ticks, Ticks and more Ticks

In article ,
says...
We use flea and tick drops on the dogs. We have 3 dogs now. Apparently the
drops don't deter the ticks from getting on the dogs. If you sit on the
porch and swing, the dogs will come over and need a pat. You can SEE the
friggin ticks walking around on their fur, the only dead ones are the ones
that are attached.

You might check in at your local farm co-op or county
extension agency to see if you can get info on a
procedure that places stations around the property and
as the mice go in and out there will be a wick fed
liquid, such as what you apply by drops to your dogs
that will reduce the tick population that is helped
spread by the mice.
--
Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!