Old 05-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Madd Hatter

Default Laguna Powerjet 1000

I just installed this pump in my pond w/ the 3 tier fountain head
attachment. The pump just has the prefilter attached for now till I build my
filter box. The pump is sitting about 10 to 12 inches below water level, w/
the fountain head just clearing the surface. This is supposed to be a 384GPH
pump, but my fountain only throws water up about 15 to 16 inches. It has a
diverter that I'm supposed to be able to use for a waterfall, but I the flow
already looks so weak, I don't think it would even be able to push a small
waterfall. Is this normal flow for a pump like this? (never had a pond or a
fountain for that matter) Do I really need a lot of flow diverted to the
waterfall to make it go (It'll probably be at most 2' above water level)?
I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanx