Old 05-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Cass

Default Newbie still discovering things about my new (old) roses

Paul Reynolds wrote:

"Cass" wrote in message

I've only seen Nearly Wild in a pot, but I had no idea it got as big as
the photo you posted. Are several plants together in a row? HelpMeFind
lists Nearly Wild as 2 x 2. Do you mind posting the link to the image
again? Where are you located?

Hello Cass,
The bush in the picture is about 4 -5 feet from one end to the other and
about 3-1/2 feet tall. There are 6 -7 thick woody stems in a close group.
There are a dozen or so very long (6 - 7 feet) branches that are on the
ground and making new plants away from the main plant. There are several
more groupings like this spread out along one edge of the property. The
original owner planted these more than 35 years ago and they received no
care for the last 8 years or so. The guy that cut their grass kept them in
line by mowing the long branches.

http://home.mindspring.com/~pb.reynolds/_wsn/page3.html

Eastern central side of Georgia about 60 miles south Augusta.

Thanks for the link. I can't help you with the identification from you
picture. Does the rose rebloom? Scent? Thorns?