Old 05-05-2003, 11:20 AM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Don't get lost in the spam, was [IBC] Hi

".... i'm currently trying to reduce the heap of spam descending upon
me by opening their mail and typing my email address into the 'remove'
thingy on their website. i mean they've already got my email address so
why
not try to stop further emails by attempting to remove myself......"

BUT, as has often been said here and elsewhere, by replying to the
spammer you have just confirmed that you are a real live email address
that they can add to their database in the knowledge that this one
actually works! These known working databases are far more valuable that
an out of date list or an auto-generated list.

I'd rather filter and delete while the law catches up.

Cheers

Kev Bailey

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++