Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
whiteMemphis

Default mistletoe

"mistletoe" wrote in message
om...
Hello to all!
I would like to try planting mistletoe. Can someone have any idea how to

do that?

The mistletoe we have in Oz is a parasite usually found in eucalyptes,
it is spread by the mistletoe bird which is totally sustained by it, using
it for food, nesting, shelter & roosting, it defecates the seeds in sticky
clumps on branches. So the bird is happy, the mistletoe is happy, and I'm
intrigued, one of my ongoing projects is trying to get feedback from the gum
trees about what's in it for them, but so far they're not giving it up, sure
to be something tho', that's how nature works, (until Homo sapiens (!) comes
blundering in).